Genuine Handwoven Moroccan Berber/Beni Ourain Rug
This traditional Beni Ourain rug measures 270cm x 165cm. Beni Ourain rugs are named after the group of Berber tribes who make them. These handcrafted rugs are woven using the same techniques of previous generations of the Berber tribes of the Atlas Mountains. This beautiful rug was handwoven by Hayat, a traditional Berber weaver. Its indigenous motifs and soft deep-pile texture means the rug doesn’t only look great but feels just as good.
- Order your Berber rug online today for fast low-priced delivery.
- Live in or near London? Visit our Fulham showroom - call us at 0207-099-6616 to arrange your viewing.
- Off-street parking available.
- Nearest tube station is Parsons Green.
- 100% natural unbleached wool handwoven in the Atlas Mountains by the Berber Women.
- Guaranteed 100% authentic.
- The rug shown in the photo is the exact rug you will receive.
- Europe’s largest collection of Beni Ourain Rugs.
- 14 day 100% satisfaction money back guarantee.
Manufacturing: Woven by hand
Thickness (approx.): 25 mm
Pile: Moroccan Wool
One of the latest trends in interior design has been the heightening popularity of Moroccan Berber rugs. These rugs are hand-woven in a traditional style by Moroccan Berber tribes, who are world-renowned for their craftsmanship. Berber carpet and rug weaving dates back centuries, and today's Beni Ourain rugs combine traditional styles with modern design choices, with a weaving process that remains true to tradition.
The distinctive look of Moroccan Berber rugs comes from beautiful white and ivory background tones, which are overlaid with darker, naturally dyed wool which make up the design. In keeping with tradition, all our authentic Beni Ourain rugs are woven with 100% hand spun wool from Moroccan sheep. Because of the elegant simplicity of their makeup and the natural lanolin present in the wool, Berber rugs tend to be very durable. The simple yet striking effect created by their contrasts and patterns give them style as well as utility.
Berber Rug Care
Due to their all-wool design Berger rugs are naturally more dirt and stain-resistant than other rugs which gives them a greater lifespan. Most stains and spills are easy to remove, requiring nothing more than a gentle rub with a cloth and mild soap/water solution. For an all-over clean we recommend seeking the services of a professional rug cleaner.