Authentic Handwoven Moroccan Tribal Berber/Beni Ourain Rug
This handwoven Beni Ourain rug measures 430 cmcm x 310 cmcm. The origin of this rug is steeped in history. Sourced from the Maghreb region of Morocco, the nomadic Beni Ourain tribespeople have been handweaving these beautiful works of art for centuries. Cherifa, a specialist weaver from the Beni Ourain tribe made this beautiful creation rug with a skill and passion that has been passed down through the generations of the Berber tribespeople.
- Live in or around London? Visit our centrally located Fulham showroom – home to the UK’s largest authentic Berber rug collection!
- Call us on 0207-099-6616, where one of our friendly office staff will schedule your appointment.
- On-site parking available.
- We have over 200 Moroccan rugs in stock today.
- The rug shown in the picture is the same Berber rug you will receive – we photograph each one individually.
- No-fuss 14 day money back guarantee.
- Made with 100% organic sheep wool.
Manufacturing: Woven by hand
Thickness (approx.): 25 mm
Pile: Moroccan Wool
We take great pride in offering our customers 100% authentic handwoven Beni Ourain rugs at competitive prices. They are made using the finest hand spun wool, coated with a natural lanoline for added protection and stain resistance. The indigenous motifs, patterns and symbols represent different elements of the lives of the Beni Ourain tribe, and feature topics such as fertility, sexuality, the natural world and protection from evil. The simplistic but elegant designs ensure they will be equally at place in the traditional or contemporary interior.
The deep pile adds warmth and comfort to stone floors, while the light ivory colour adds light to brighten up a room. The neutral muted colour schemes will work equally well with most colour schemes. We have built up sustainable long-term relationships with the tribespeople of the Atlas Mountains, and as a result are able to provide the best quality rugs available.
Berber Rug Care
Contrary to popular belief the care of these beautiful rugs is much easier than one might think. The natural lanolin in the sheep wool acts as a barrier to prevent stains. Most stains or spills can be easily removed using a mild soap solution on a damp rag. Simply rub gently to remove stains.